Good morning all as we look forward to Monday’s return to training for our Adult Amateur and Youth (U19) players in the latest step forward as we await the proposed Return to Play for all levels of our game from June 7.
Thank you and your clubs for the respect you have shown to the COVID-19 Protocols to date but the hard work must continue now!
Ahead of Monday’s return there are some key guidelines highlighted below and I would ask you to share this email with all your clubs, at all levels and all ages, along with the link to the updated FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol.
It is vital that we all do everything in our power to ensure this return to training from Monday is a safe one and in adherence with all Government guidelines.
We have been made aware of clubs seeking to arrange friendlies and tournaments ahead of the proposed Return to Play from June 7. This is not permitted. Any failure to respect the guidelines issued by Government could have serious implications for our sport’s return and we simply cannot allow that to happen.
Good luck to all returning to training on Monday.
SAFER RETURN TO TRAINING REMINDERS
- Return to contact training is allowed for all players at all levels of the game from Monday, May 10.
- All training must take place outdoors and in pods of 15.
- Pods are not inter-changeable during training sessions, players must remain with the same pod.
- Small-sided games are allowed within the training session pod.
- No matches are to be arranged before June 7.
- All referees have been instructed that they are not allowed to take charge of any game before June 7.
- The FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol Edition 7 can be downloaded here https://www.fai.ie/
Leinster Football Association
Fax: 01 8999331
Office: 01 8999330