The Football Association of Ireland is delighted to support the announcement by Minister Catherine Martin and Minister for State Jack Chambers of the launch of the Sports Capital and Equipment Programme (SCEP) by the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts Gaeltacht, Sport and Media.
The Sports Capital and Equipment Programme is the primary vehicle for Government funding support for the development of sports and physical recreation facilities and the purchase of non-personal sports equipment throughout the country. It was announced today that €40million will be made available through the SCEP.
To further support Leagues, Clubs and Affiliates in the Sports Capital and Equipment Programme process, the FAI’s Facility Development Department will be hosting an Educational Webinar series in the coming weeks to support clubs with their SCEP applications.
This Webinar Series will be a great resource for all potential applicants in how to go through the Sports Capital and Equipment Programme process. All clubs, leagues and affiliates should attend to understand the benefits of this funding scheme. Please submit your interest in the webinars by registering here.
Sports Capital and Equipment Programme Key Points for Applicants:
- Anyone that is interested in the SCEP will need to register on the Online Sports Capital Register (OSCAR) right away.
- The 2021 Round will be open for applications from 9am on Friday, 11 December 2020 until 5pm on Friday, 12th February 2021.
- The deadline for registration is 5pm on Monday, 1st February 2021
- The SCEP allows for applicants to apply for up to a maximum of €150,000 worth of funding for their project.
- In the past, funding was available up to €150,000 at a rate of 95% support.
- Funding for Equipment can be applied for up to a maximum of €50,000 if no lease or ownership is possible.
“I want to thank Ministers Catherine Martin and Jack Chambers for the release of the 2021 Sports Capital and Equipment Programme”, FAI CEO Jonathan Hill told FAI.ie.
“The FAI welcomes the announcement and is excited for the opportunities the Sports Capital and Equipment Programme will bring to the football community. The funding provided through this scheme will assist football Clubs and Leagues across the country to strengthen, develop and thrive.
“Good facilities and access to equipment are vital ingredients in growing our sport and this funding will provide an opportunity for this growth to occur. We encourage all clubs to get involved in this scheme.”
“It’s important to continue the development of our infrastructure and facilities within our football communities.” FAI Head of Facility Development Walter Holleran added.
“The Sports Capital and Equipment Programme is an ideal funding source where Clubs can seek state funding to help develop their projects. It is vital that all Clubs examine their need to upgrade and submit an application.”
For more information on the Sports Capital and Equipment Programme please contact email@example.com